Dear Somerset Recreation Club Family,
We hope this message finds you healthy. We are counting down the days until we can see our Club family in person again! Per Governor Inslee’s reopening plan, we are excited to be opening our doors in Phase 3 (hopefully in late June/early July) at reduced capacity levels.
Midlakes continues to monitor the state’s phase plan as well and adjust accordingly in planning for a possible swim team season. It is unsure at this moment what that will look like, whether it’s a full season, an abbreviated season with some limitations, or a number of other possible scenarios. We will continue to update you as soon as any new information becomes available.
We will reach out immediately once we have a firm date for reopening, but in the meantime, we wanted to let you know about some of the protocols and measures we are putting in place that will ensure you have a clean, safe club to return to when you’re ready. These new protocols and measures may include but are not limited to:
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes conveniently located throughout SRC
- Intensive, regular cleaning of equipment and facility with disinfectant
- Limited number of members in the club at one time, as directed by the government (anticipate 50% capacity)
- Modified deck seating to ensure adequate social distancing
- Wellness checks of club employees and potentially members entering the pool (we will follow government’s guidance)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for employees
- Potentially, PPE for members (we will follow the government’s guidelines in terms of whether masks are mandatory)
- Staff education and training on prevention, in accordance with the CDC guidelines
SRC has continued its efforts to make substantive improvements to the place many of us call our “summer home”. These include:
- The entire pool deck area has been resurfaced. This cost-effective pool deck resurface project has brought some new life into the deck and we can’t wait for members to enjoy it.
- Although sidelined for a few months, the new SRC slide project is just starting to get kicked into motion and we hope to have a slide for kids of all ages to enjoy.
- SRC just received an automatic pool vacuum/cleaner generously donated by Woodswim! We are super excited about the impact on the cleanliness of the pool that this will have in coming years! Thank you Woodswim!
- With construction projects being greenlighted by the state, the demo of the lower clubhouse has restarted and we expect to have that completed in the very near future.
For latest news and updates on the 2020 summer SRC membership and swim team season please check out our FB page or www.somersetrec.org
As always if you have questions please contact SRC at email@example.com